Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Battered and Bruised......

After a tiring (physically+mentally) last week I still can feel its aftermath. It will take some time for me to recover.....That explains the delay in my posts....This post is dedicated to questions, a lot of them and if someone has answers to them please feel free to tell me......

a) Has anyone seen God? If yes, how exactly he/she looks like and is that any different from what we look like?
b) Do they also take regular bath, just like us?
c) Is God only in temples, mosques, church, gurudwara, etc.? Isn't he/she everywhere? That's what they teach us in school, right?
d) Does missing your bath sometimes render you unclean as compared to taking regular bath but staying unclean in other respects (like unhygienic habits and not having good thoughts, not helping people, not having concern for fellow human beings, not appreciating and acknowledging the good things of life, always having a negative approach towards everything).
e) Why only women are required to wear mangalsutra, sindoor or a bindi after their marriage? If they won't wear it, will it negate their marriage or they'll become bad, irrespective of the feelings that they have towards their matrimonial relationship? And despite having bad and negative feelings towards their marriage, if women wear mangalsutra and bindi, their bad and negative feelings will be condoned?
f) Does visiting a temple solve all your worries and problems, even though you fail to take steps to get rid of them?
g) If you belong to a certain religion, community or region, does it make you a lesser human being as compared to people of other religion, community or region?
h) Can you command respect just by being elder to someone and at the same time being mean and bad or do you actually need to work on commanding respect and deserve it?

I guess that's all can think of right now. But don't worry, I have a number of questions which I'll keep posting at regular intervals. Those are the things that I find difficult to accept as they are thrown at me. I need to know the answers before I do that. I know the answers too all my questions above, but I would also love to know your thoughts and opinion about them.

Until then...........

2 comments:

Mukta Dutta said...

Hmmm i think I have an idea where these questions spring from. Well i think your questions do not have any one answer. There is no right or wrong answer. Every person's answer is based on a set of ideas, faith, belief, reasons, environment, perculiar to him/her. I keep reminding myself that I should not want to change others. Because it is not upto me to change them, it is not my purpose in life. Also I am noone to change them. I only try to be clear about what I beleive in and to what extent i should be ready to negotiate. Having laid down my boundaries, i try to let others be. Just dont give others the power to impose their beliefs on you.

MuchAdoAboutALotOfThings said...

Yeah, imposing what you believe on someone else is the worst thing that you can you do to anyone, I agree.