Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bookworm



I have book mania one can say and I also suffer from a variety of things as far as my reading goes. You must have guessed by now that I love reading and books. People who have a similar liking, it may be for anything, will be able to understand better about these things that I suffer from. It’s nothing bad or serious though. There will be times when I’ll completely go crazy about reading and will think about how to get back to my book. Other times, I’ll want to read but won’t be as desperate to take up a book and will read like a normal human being. Then there is also a third stage where I just won’t feel like reading at all and will be off books for a certain period. I do not know what this is called but it does happen to me at regular intervals. It seems like a migraine attack. When am reading a particular book, I’ll begin to live in that book and keep on living or imagining its characters and will come back to reality with a sharp jolt upon finishing it. Books have their own world and they can be replayed as many times as you want to. And that is the best part of it. I am very possessive about my books too. I do not like sharing them with others, other than few close people and especially not with some careless and negligent ones who will just not maintain them, they will also forget to return them. I don’t like food stains on my books which just shows how one has been treating them (They are not supposed to be used as coasters). So all you book lovers, and others too are most welcome to agree or disagree with my thoughts and also share you views.

No comments: